Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Eleven

It's been eleven years since September 11, 2001. It doesn't feel like so long ago, and yet last year, we had to explain to my students what had happened, that there had ever been twin towers, and a time when people feared flying more because of turbulence than terrorists. I forget that anyone below the age of fifteen isn't likely to remember. That's why we've got to teach.

Let's not forget this happened, even as the new World Trade Center is built. Let's not forget the people who had their lives stolen from them, and those who gave theirs to save others.

The video belongs to Storycorps, which I recommend everyone check out (I will discuss Storycorps and the effect it has had on my life at a later, more solemn date. For now, I think the video speaks louder than I do).


No comments:

Post a Comment