Monday, October 22, 2012

Megillah Project Again

For those who haven't seen them, here's the Megillah Project Parts 1 and 2.

I've finished the black and gray layers, which means that most of the cutting is done. There's still all of the text and the smaller color patches left. But still, this is a big step in terms of this project.

I'm seeing it as finishing the first stage of the process, of the semester, of the crazy. It feels awesome, like throwing a huge weight off.

Funny how this comes right when things have been turning around in life, too. A few good days, handing in my first paper, giving my first presentation, meeting some great new people, reuniting with some old friends.

It's like I've come in from the cold, and while it might not be summer out yet, I can at least take off the first, gray, heavy layer.

Here's what it looks like so far:


Three and a half feet long and that's where it's going to stop. I think I've been letting this thing spread long enough. Time for the next stage :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment